Saturday, January 30, 2010

Solid Cardstock Layout


I feel like I haven't blogged in forever, and sure enough, it's been almost 20 days!! I got a jump of inspiration last night after a delicious dinner when I watched Julie and Julia with my fiance. So in order to keep up with my crafting blog, I have decided to post my favorite layouts without worrying about judgement. This layout below was created entirely out of solid cardstock with a "Katie" twist.


I choose the color pallet of dark brown, light pink, and earthy green. I usually love using brown with just one color, but I decided to take a risk and try using 3 solid colors to spice it up a bit! I used Bazzill bling (sugar daddy), COREdinations white wash, Bazzill embossed, and the Bazzill die-cut tag cardstocks.


My first favorite element in this layout is the use of various cardstocks together. I layered Bazzill embossed with rounded corners on top of Bazzill bling (sugar daddy) then tore two strips of COREdinations white wash green. These strips added dimenstion to the layout and helped tie in the white wash style. The letters (LOVE) were also made from COREdinations white wash light pink, on a simple accucut machine. My second favorite element in this layout is the use of the ribbons and flowers. I think I brought the colors together in the use of the embellishments. I used pink, green, brown, and ivory (chalked pink) flowers. I used three bunches of flowers throughout this layout. I also used pink, green, and brown buttons to bring the colors together.


Hope you enjoy this idea of using only cardstock for a layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment